World Food Programme Innovation Challenge 2021: Call for Applications
- Funder: World Food Programme (WFP)
- Geographic location: virtual (no country/region stated)
- Contract value: up to US $100k
- Due Date: 9/19
- Summary: This opportunity relates primarily to food systems and food security. This may be suited for a CCA partner that is an incorporated startup. (Note: clean cooking is not explicitly mentioned.) Selected teams will participate in a fully virtual, week-long WFP Innovation Bootcamp in February 2022, and be considered for a 6-month acceleration program with access of up to US $100k in equity-free funding.
- WFP looks for these 3 priorities when considering applications:
- 1) Resilient food systems (e.g. fostering clean energy technologies to power value chains, reaching households at the last mile, and increasing private sector investment in sustainable development)
- 2) Safe and Nutritious food systems (e.g. enhancing nutrient intake of households, improving crops)
- 3) Inclusive food systems (e.g. empowering small-scale farmers and local producers)
For more information, please click here.